22 September 2009

Which TV Shows Are Right For You?


Seriously? This is what we've come to? Which show is right for me? This is a Newsweek headline that came in via my RSS feed to Google Reader.

"Matchmaker, matchmaker, what should I watch? We're so glad you asked, because we've figured out which fall TV show is your new soulmate."

That's a direct quote!? I find it almost unbearably sad. I love a good bit of entertainment as much as the next person, but my soulmate won't be found on TV or the radio, or Netflix, or Nintendo, etc. How much time does the average person spend watching TV each week? I won't bemoan the statistics.


"I must say I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a good book." -- Groucho Marx


[mccracken]

1 comment:

austin.s.martin said...

I agree 100%. I will admit that I watch probably 1 or 2 hours of tv/week (not counting my Saturday afternoon college football) but I feel bad when I talk to friends and all they can reference is the latest episode of "Dancing With The Stars" or some other drivel.