29 September 2008

Really? In, Like, Outer Space?

I was hanging out with my old man this weekend and we were watching this incredible show on Discovery HD called When We Left Earth: The NASA Missions. It was awe inspiring. And it got me thinking about how much we take these amazing feats of technology for granted.

I mean, c'mon people, we've had people living in space for the last eight years! On the International Space Station, for those of you going, "Really?" Yeah. Really.

I'm embarrassed to be a part of a society that is generally more interested in which celebrity is in rehab this week, whether a politician is wearing a flag pin, or what the latest lame ass mallcore fashion is than our ability to explore the universe.

[mccracken]

1 comment:

Eric said...

People have been living in space longer than that!

I've often said that I'm more in touch with what is happening a thousand light years away than what's happening across the country.